- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 16, 2019
Asus Aura is a renewed application that is used for controlling the lighting system of RGB peripherals. These include RGB RAMs, Motherboard, RGB fans, LED strips and other RGB components of the Asus system.
However, while trying to use the Asus Aura software, you may encounter that the Asus Aura is not opening. You will be unable to use it, even after restarting the device.
This problem generally appears when the CPU is over-performing for mampeng.exe. To solve this issue, you need to know all the possible methods by which you can quickly get rid of this issue.
What Causes Asus Aura not to Work Properly?
Before going to the solution part, you should know about the main causes that might be responsible for the Asus Aura not launching a problem. Below are listed the common reasons why this issue occurs while using this software:
- Corrupted or missing installation file.
- Third-party security software or Windows firewall.
- Incorrect installation path.
- Turn on the fast startup feature.
- Older version of the Asus Aura software.
- Conflicting with other RGB lighting software.
- Strips connected inaccurately.
After knowing all the causes, follow the next segment to resolve this issue immediately.
How to Fix Asus Aura has Stopped Working Issue [Effective Methods]
In this segment, we are going to provide a certain number of methods through which you can quickly get rid of the Asus Aura sync not working issue. Let’s take a look at the steps given below:
Method 1 – Turn off the Fast Startup Feature
If the Fast Startup feature is turned on, then you may face this issue on the Asus system. So, you can turn it off by following these steps:
- Go to the Control Panel and double-click on the Power Options.
- From the Power Options window, click on the “Choose what the power buttons do” option on the left panel.
- Click on the “Change Settings” which is a currently unavailable option.
- Under the Shutdown Settings section, unmark the “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” option. After that, click on the Save button.
- Once you are done with these steps, restart the Asus system and try to open the Asus Aura software.
Method 2 – Reconnecting the RGB Headers
You need to connect RGB headers into the motherboard. So, ensure that the connection is properly connected or not.
If the connection is incorrect then you won’t be able to open it or may note Asus Aura not detecting the motherboard. So, you need to reconnect the 4-pin RGB or 3-pin ARGB headers correctly to solve this issue.
Method 3 – Remove the other RGB Light Applications
If you have installed other RGB light syncing software on the Asus PC, then you can come across the Asus Aura not opening issue. So, in order to fix this problem, you need to remove them from the device. To do that follow these steps hereunder:
- Press the Start button and select the Settings.
- From the Settings window, go to the Apps section.
- On the “Apps and Features” tab, scroll down the page until you find other RGB software, select it.
- After that, click on the Uninstall option to start the removing process.
- Once the removing process is done, reboot the Asus computer and check if the problem is gone or not.
Method 4 – Disable the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows firewall can cause the Asus Aura not working issue. So, you can simply disable the Windows Firewall feature at the earliest. The following steps will help you:
- Click on the Start icon and choose the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the “Turn Windows Firewall on and off” option on the left panel.
- On the right window, mark on the “Turn Windows Firewall off (Recommended)” option from both “Public Network Settings” and “Private Network Settings” sections.
- After doing this, click on the OK option to save the changes.
Method 5 – Uninstall the Third-Party Security Software
Sometimes, third-party security software can prevent you from opening the Asus Aura software. So, you need to remove it as soon as possible. Go through these steps cited below:
- Press Win + I buttons at the same time to launch the Settings window.
- Double-click on the Apps section and select the “Apps & Features” tab.
- Scroll down the page and find the Security software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall option.
- After finishing the uninstallation process, reboot the system.
Method 6 – Update the Asus Aura Software
Updating the Asus Aura software is an easy task to get rid of this issue on the system. If you are using an older version of the Asus Aura software, then you may face this problem. Thus, you must update the software by following these directions:
- Visit the official website of the Asus Aura.
- Look for the latest version of the Asus Aura software and then download it.
- After downloading this file, install it properly.
- Once the installation process is complete, restart the Asus system and check if the Asus Aura software works properly without any hassle.
Method 7 – Uninstall the Asus Aura Software and Reinstall it
If the installation file is corrupted or missing, then you may find the Asus Aura not working issue. So, you can simply remove this software and install it again correctly. Here’s how to do that:
- Right-click on the Windows Home icon to launch the WinX Menu list and choose the Settings.
- Navigate to the Apps section on the Settings window.
- Select the “Apps & Features” tab on the left panel.
- Scroll down the page and locate the Asus Aura software, select it. Here, you will see the Uninstall option, click on it.
- Once the uninstallation process is done, restart the device and then reinstall it.
- To install it, visit the official website of the Asus Aura and search for the latest version of the software.
- After finding it, install it properly. When you install it, follow the directions which appear on the screen.
- After completing the installation process, restart the Asus device and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Apply these steps one-by-one on the Asus computer and fix this problem instantly. For more information on Asus Aura, do visit our website.