- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 29, 2019
Besides its excellent features, the Acer laptop often comes across some annoying problems which involve a situation where the laptop screen goes completely black.
As it does not come with an error code, identifying this problem is pretty difficult. No matter whatever be the reason behind this issue is, the laptop needs immediate help. Thus, this condition of the laptop should not be ignored by the user.
You can acquire an easy fix for your black laptop screen by following the solutions we have mentioned here.
Relevant Fixes for Acer Aspire Black Screen Problem:
It was observed that several users have complained of confronting this issue frequently in Acer Aspire Laptop models. If you have been facing the black screen laptop issue on your Aspire Black Screen and searching for ways to fix it, then do not worry.
In this article, we will be listing some of the solutions by which you will be able to fix the Acer laptop black screen problem easily.
Fix 1: Update the Graphics Card Driver (Manually)
A black screen laptop has been easily fixed by just updating the graphics card driver of your Acer Aspire. Below are the steps that you need to follow exactly as provided to update your Graphics Card Drive manually.
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to launch the Run box. Now, type “devmgmt.msc” and then click on OK.
- This will open the Device Manager for you. Click on Display adapters.
- Once it gets expands, make sure to right-click on the graphics card device. Click on Update driver.
- Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and wait for some time. It will search the internet for drivers.
- Restart the system after a successful installation of a graphics driver.
Fix 2: Use External Monitor For a Laptop Check
This is an effective method by which you will be able to check if the problem is with the display of the screen or not. All you have to do is connect an external monitor with your laptop through cables. However, make sure to turn off your laptop before doing so, as there are chances that your laptop might suffer from dilemmas like hard disk crashes and data loss.
Turn on your laptop and see if it detected the external monitor itself. If not, then search for the monitor button on your keyboard.
Fix 3: Make Use of F2, F9, and F10 Keys
If the solutions mentioned above do not solve the issue for you, then we recommend you to try the methods provided below.
- Turn off your Acer laptop and unplug any external devices (if connected).
- Turn on your laptop again and press F2, F9, F10, and Enter key on your keyboard once the Acer logo appears on your laptop screen.
- Click on Exit and then Yes. Press the Enter button.
Fix 4: Use Windows Defender or Any Third-Party Antivirus
A black screen can also appear if your Acer laptop is infected with some virus or malware. Thus, make sure to run a virus scan either by any third-party antivirus tool or the inbuilt antivirus of Windows called Windows Defender.
To run a virus scan by Windows Defender, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Start and then open the Control Panel.
- After that, open Administrative Tools and then go to Edit group policy so that you can open the Group Policy Editor.
- Now, follow the steps sequentially Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Once you find the “Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus” option, open and disable it.
So these were some of the techniques by which you will be able to resolve the issue easily. Hopefully, this will be sufficient enough for you to fix the black screen on your Acer laptop easily.