- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 29, 2019
Asus error code 95 normally occurs due to specific problems within the driver. Users have claimed that causes behind this error code are numerous including virus attacks and misconfiguration of system files.
Although this error code is not critical, it is better to get rid of it at the earliest. You are most likely to suffer from it when the system is unable to connect with their related file.
Causes for Asus Error Code 95:
Besides, malware or virus attacks, there can be another reason behind the occurrence of Asus error code 95 as well. In this section, we have listed each of them.
- Incorrect system shutdown
- Spyware and bug attacks
- Incomplete installation
- Junk or temporary files
- Mistakenly deleted apps or software
Now that you got a fair idea regarding the causes behind this error, let’s move to the next section for solutions.
Effective Techniques to Solve Asus Error Code 95:
From manual system restore to running an effective Antivirus software, Asus error code 95 can be solved through distinct techniques. Here we have presented each of them specifically.
Technique 1: Perform a System Restore Manually
We suggest you to perform a manual restore on confronting this error. To know the entire process, follow the steps exactly as provided below.
- Go to Start and search for “Create a restore point” within the search bar. Once the “Create a restore point” option appears on the search results, click on it.
- In the System Protection tab, locate the System Restore section and then select the System Restore option. Now, click on Next.
- Once the list appears, choose a restore point and then click on Next.
- Click on Finish and once a warning message prompt appears on your screen, tap the cursor on Yes.
- This will start the restore by rebooting your system. Once the system starts again, you would be able to see the “System Restore completed successfully” message on your desktop.
Technique 2: Use Windows Defender or Third-Party Antivirus Tool
As cited above, Asus error code 95 mostly occurs due to virus attacks. Thus, it is important to use Window’s inbuilt antivirus, Windows Defender. Follow the steps given below to know how you can use Windows Defender for fixing this error code.
- Go to Start and then click on Control Panel.
- Now, open Administrative Tools and then Edit group policy. Upon doing so, a new window called “Local Group Policy Editor” will appear on your screen.
- Open Computer Configuration and then go to Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Defender Antivirus. You will notice a “Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus” there, click on it.
- Once it opens, check whether it is set to “disabled” or “Not configured.” If it is not, then make sure to do so.
If using Windows Defender does not resolve the error code for you, then you to download an effective third-party Antivirus software and see if it resolves the problem for you.
Technique 3: Remove Temporary and Junk Files With Disk Cleanup
An in-built cleaning tool of Windows, also known as Disk Cleanup, can be an effective way to fix the error code 95. This is because it will let you clear all junk files without any difficulty.
- Go to Start and then select File Explorer. Now, select the “This PC” option.
- Now, right-click on the main hard drive (mostly C: drive).
- Go to Properties and click on Disk Cleanup. After doing so, you will observe a list that consists of removable items like temporary or junk files, etc.
- Click on Clean up system files to remove the files according to your wish. Just tick on the categories you want to remove and then click OK. Click on Delete Files.
Technique 4: Perform a Windows System Update
If none of the solutions work for you, then it is recommended to perform an update on your Windows operating system. Make sure to follow the steps given below to undergo a successful Windows OS update.
- Go to Start and then search for “update” in the search box. Click on “Windows Update” or “Check for Updates”.
- If there will be any updates available for your OS, then you will get a message asking you to review important updates. Click on it and choose the important updates for installation.
- Once you get to see a list, click on the “Important Updates” option and check on the boxes which you want to install. Click Ok.
- Lastly, click on Install Updates.
Hopefully, the solutions given above were sufficient enough for you to fix the Asus error code 95.