- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 11, 2019
These days Asus motherboard error code 55 is one of the common problems that are frequently encountered.
This error message generally indicates a BIOS related problem. In your device when there is something wrong with RAM or CPU, the error triggers up.
In your system, if this problem arises then you should know that your RAM is not uncovered. Hence, you don’t need to panic if you face this Asus motherboard error code 55.
With the help of the solution that are mentioned below, you can easily fix this problem. Hence, apply these methods accurately.
Causes for Asus Motherboard Error Code 55:
If you are facing this recurring error, then you have to be aware of the reasons behind it. In this section, we have discussed the causes of the Asus Motherboard Error Code 55 that will give you a better idea on how to deal with the issue.
- This error occurs because of a loose cable. So, if your cable is faulty then this error occurs.
- The problematic motherboard is also one of the main reasons for this error.
- If your system does not have enough power then you might face this problem.
- CPU and RAM problems are also the reason.
- So, if you installed components in an improper way then also you might face this error.
- A short circuit can also lead to this error. BIOS errors and hardware compatibility are some of the reasons for this error.
Solutions To Fix Asus Motherboard Error Code 55:
In this section, we are going to discuss the proper methods that will help you to fix Asus Motherboard Error Code 55. For details, you have to read the undermentioned steps properly.
Hopefully, after following all the solutions you will not face any problem. These are some easy tricks that will help you to fix the problem on the go.
Solution 1: Try One Stick of Ram
With the help of the one stick of Ram at a time, you can easily fix this Asus error code 55. Here are the steps that will help you to do so.
- At first, check out each RAM slot.
- After that, in the left pane of two delegated areas, just join one stick.
- Sometimes you might find it is not working accordingly. Then, you should take another stick. If you find that still, it is not working then one at a time try to utilize other usable slots.
By doing that you will able to know if you have an incorrect module or the bad slot.
- In the end, just check if the error message completely vanished or not.
If you still find this error message then you need to move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Check for Physical Damage
In your motherboard, there are various types of subsystems. You always need to check the Integrated Circuit of your motherboard. Due to the capacitor’s provided current most of the time it gets affected.
Physical damage is the next step that you need to check next. So, if you want to purchase a new motherboard that also you can do.
With the help of the proper procedure, you can also replace that. All of these solutions help you to settle the problem at an instant.
Solution 3: Always Reset the CPU Cooler and the CPU
Sometimes this error is related to the CPU. Then, you have to try to reset the CPU cooler and CPU both to get rid of this problem instantly.
For that, at first, with the help of a screwdriver, disconnect the CPU fan. After doing that just reset the CPU. All these steps will help you to eradicate the problem permanently.
Solution 4: Reset the Ram
Sometimes this error related to the RAM. To fix this error you need to reset the Ram. To reset the ram perform the following steps.
Step 1: At first, power off your device.
Step 2: After that, until the system starts restarting press and hold the power button.
Step 3: Thereafter free the power button when your Asus laptop is ready to boot.
Step 4: Finally, check still you face the Asus motherboard error code 55 messages or not.
Solution 5: Update the Bios
With the help of the Basic Input Output System, you can verify and also fix all the hardware problems of your laptop. Sometimes BIOS is not properly updated and at that time you might face this problem.
Only updating the BIOS in a proper way can help you to fix this problem. Updating BIOS is an easy task for you. When you update the BIOS you have to be careful at that time.
At the time of executing this process if you do any mistake then you might lose all your data. Before updating, it is always advised to keep a backup. Now to update the BIOS, perform the following procedures.
Step 1: At first, go to the official website of your device’s company. After going there just search your device name.
Step 2: By clicking on it you will find there ‘Drivers and Softwares’ option. For enlarging click on it. When the expanding completed then you will notice BIOS/UEFI.
Step 3: To see the new update of the BIOS just click on the eye-shaped key.
Step 4: After that, discharge the latest version of the BIOS.
Step 5: Next cite the .exe file. To update the BIOS you need to maintain all the instructions.
Step 6: Finally, reboot your laptop. Then, check if the problem still arises or not.
Solution 6: Reset the CMOS
On the Asus motherboard, the CMOS chip controls all the information in the Basic Input Output System or BIOS. The date and time are attached to this information.
To fix this error this method is the best option for you. So, if you want to reset the CMOS you need to perform these following methods.
- Battery Disconnect Method
To reset the CMOS this is the easiest method that you can try. Don’t hesitate to try this method.
Step 1: Turn off your Computer
- At first, switch off the system. Then, unplug the power cord.
- To avoid electrostatic discharge we are advising you to wear an anti-static wrist strap.
Step 2: Discharge the CMOS Chip
- In this step, remove the cover first. After doing that run the CMOS coin cell battery.
- After that, from the system, remove it. For that, gently push the retaining clip.
- By leaving the battery out of the system you need to disconnect the CMOS chip. For an hour you have to do this. It depends upon the particular chip and also the motherboard combination.
Step 3: Boot Your Computer
- In this step, replace your battery. After replacing that you also need to replace the cover on your system.
- Thereafter, if prompted at this time click on the ‘Save changes’ option. In another way, you can also change the date and time. When the operating system finishes loading at that time you can set the date and time.
- Jumper Reset Method
By performing the battery disconnect method sometimes you might be unable to get rid of this problem. In that case to solve the problem you have to perform the Jumper Reset Method.
It is an easy method to do. Also, you need proper technical guidance to complete this procedure successfully. Below are the steps will help you to complete this procedure.
Step 1: At first, shut down the system. Then, just detach the power connection.
Step 2: After that to perform this method we advise you to utilize an antistatic wrist strap.
Step 3: Thereafter open the case. Then, find the Clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard. For that, you have to utilize the motherboard manual or the Asus website.
Step 4: From the pins just detach the jumper.
Step 5: In the clear CMOS position place this.
Step 6: From the CMOS position remove the jumper. After doing that replace it in the original position.
Step 7: Thereafter, replace the cover. Then, connect the power cord.
Step 8: Now restart the system. If prompted by the BIOS you just need to press the save changes option.
Step 9: If prompted at this time you just need to set the date and time. In an alternative way, you can set date and time. When the operating system stops loading at that time you can do so.
This article will provide you a brief idea about how to fix Asus motherboard error code 55.