- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 8, 2019
Asus Z87 Pro error codes is a common issue that most of the users are complaining about these days. This issue generally occurs if the system files are misconfigured. So, if you are the one who is facing the same issue then, stick to this article till the end.
Here, you are going to find out the best solutions for Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes. But before that let’s have a look at the common causes that originate this error.
What Causes Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes?
When some problem occurs in your hardware and software it might lead to Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes in your system. Apart from this, some other reasons are there that can cause these error codes to trigger up in the system.
Therefore, check out the below points and learn more.
- Due to the faulty peripheral devices, this issue can generate.
- Windows explorer error is another reason that can cause this issue.
- If you connect your hardware components incorrectly.
- Due to the hardware malfunction.
- For using corrupted and outdated BIOS might cause this error.
- When you use a faulty or damaged Asus motherboard.
- For using faulty hardware components.
Symptoms of Nothing Displaying Asus Z87 Pro Error Code 99:
During the time of the boot-up process of your Asus device, you can find error code 99. If your motherboard has an issue then your system will not boot up and you can notice the Asus Motherboard Error code 99.
Even sometimes another error message might appear that states “No Signal” and then it will stop you to perform BIOS’ basic input-output system.
Your system will show you a blue screen. IO error and HTTP error are the other symptoms that you can find if this error occurs.
So, if you do not solve this issue as soon as possible then, all the basic operations of your computer will fail to work and several issues might appear including shutdown problems and system failure.
Easy Steps to Solve Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes:
Fortunately, there are several ways that can help you to fix Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes. In this article, we are highlighting the best solutions for you. So, check out the below methods one by one and implement them accordingly.
1. Remove All Peripheral
If you are using any damaged or corrupted peripheral devices like keyboard, mouse then this issue may occur on your Asus Z87 and you can find Nothing displaying Asus Z87 pro error code 99. To fix this issue, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Unplug all of the connected peripheral devices.
- Reboot your system now.
- Check the issue.
If you still find the error code appearing on your system, then apply other solutions that have been described in this article.
2. Reset CMOS
Due to the CMOS setting issue, this error code may pop up on your screen. For fixing this issue you have to reset your CMOS. You would require a CMOS jumper to perform this reset process as it will make the process simple and help you save your time.
- First, switch off your device.
- Remove all the cables and open the system motherboard.
- Now locate the CMOS jumper and remove all three pins from the jumper.
- Move the jumper from 1-2 position to 2-3 position and clear CMOS.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and reset again back to its default position.
- Turn on your system and enter the BIOS screen to reset the Factory defaults.
3. Reinstall the BIOS
When BIOS files that are related to your Z87 pro motherboard might get corrupted and you can find this error code. So, you have to remove the corrupted BIOS files and reinstall them back again to fix this issue. Therefore, check out the below instructions and follow the steps.
- Format a USB flash drive
- Go to the official website and download the new and compatible BIOS file into it.
- Remove all the power cables from the motherboard.
- Plugin the USB flash drive. Make sure you have plugged in the USB flash drive to the right USB port else it can other issues.
- Connect the 24 pin power cable into the motherboard and turn on the PSU.
- Hit on the BIOS flash button and you see a green LED light will start blinking beside the BIOS flash button.
- Once the LED light will stop blinking, plugin back into the mother that you removed.
- Check the issue whether it is solved or not.
4. Resolve MBR Issue
Sometimes Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes might appear due to a damaged MBR or Mother Boot Record. This is the place where you can find information about the hard drive partition. So, if you want to fix this error code 99 then solve the MBR issue first.
- Install the original DVD or recovery USB.
- Boot the installation DVD and hit on the option Repair Your Computer from the Welcome Screen.
- Select Troubleshoot and Command Prompt from the resultant windows.
- Run the below commands in the Command Prompt window.-
“bootrec/FixMbr”, “bootrec/Fixboot” “bootrec/ScanOS” Bootrec/RebuildBcd”
- Hit the Enter key after every command and run them separately. When one operation completes, wait for 2-3 minutes and then start another.
- Remove the DVD from the disk tray.
- Type Exit and press Enter and close the Command Prompt Window.
5. Plug-in the Element Properly
Incorrect hardware installation is another reason that causes this issue. Most of the users do this mistake while they assemble their new system. So, before you connect all the hardware components to the motherboard, check them properly. After that restart your system and check if the issue still persists or not.
6. Replace Your Processor
If you find any failure in your CPU then, it can affect your motherboard and hence this error code occurs. So, to fix this issue you must replace the old processor and install a new and compatible processor into your system.
Hence, do the following:
- First, check the compatibility of the motherboard and upgrade the processor.
- Open the CPU cabinet of your computer and locate the CPU cooler.
- Disconnect all the cables and remove the blocking components from the cabinet.
- Detach the CPU socket cover and gently lift out the processor carefully.
- Open the processor unit gently and place the processor into the socket.
- Re-latch the socket cover and use the thermal paste to the processor.
- Place the CPU cooler and plug-in all the cables back to the place.
- Turn on your system now and check if the issue gets fixed or not.
7. Replace Corrupted Asus Motherboard
After trying out all the solutions if the issue is not fixed, then you are probably using a damaged motherboard. When there is some physical damage or faulty within the PSU, CPU or GPU then this issue can occur. So, the best way to fix this issue to replace your motherboard else it can damage your other hardware components.
Hopefully, all these solutions will be helpful for you to fix Asus Z87 Pro Error Codes from your system. This article will help you to understand the symptoms and causes of the problem. You can even apply these methods step by step whenever you find this error code.
These solutions will fix all the hardware as well as the motherboard issues and increase the overall performance of your system.