- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On January 3, 2020
Mostly, you will encounter the error code 0xc004f074, right after updating Windows operating system. You will note that, after updating the system, you won’t be able to activate the system. An error message will pop up on the screen, and even if you try restarting the device, it reoccurs.
This simply indicates that the key Management service is unable to activate the operating system normally. Mostly, you will get this error in Windows 7, 8 or 10.
So, if you are getting the activation error, it is suggested to move to the next section to get proper solutions.
Related Post: How To Fix Asus Error Code 0xc0000034?
Possible Ways to Fix Windows Error Code 0xc004f074
In this section, we are going to mention the possible ways to fix the activation error 0xc004f074 from Windows OS. By just implementing the mentioned methods you will be able to activate the system.
Method 1: Use the Activation Wizard Tool
Using the Activation Wizard tool you will be able to fix the activation error. And to use the Activation Wizard tool, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Hold the Windows and the R keys together. This will open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write “slui 4”. Hit the “Enter” button next.
- Now, hold the Windows and the S keys together. This will open the “Settings” window, choose the “Update and Security” option.
- Next, tap on the Activation button. If the device is not activated then you will get an “Activate by phone” message on the screen.
- Now, tap on the “Product Activation Wizard” option and then open the Menu.
- From the menu, choose the “settings” option and then move to the “Change PC settings” option.
- Now, tap on the “Activate Windows” option. Now, you will get a list of options on the screen: “Activate”, “Activate by Phone” and “Contact Customer Support for help”.
- Choose the preferable option and then read the onscreen instructions to activate Windows.
After following the above steps you will be able to get rid of the Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f074.
Method 2: Run the System File Checker
The corrupted system files are another reason that is restricting the activation process. In that case, you have to run the SFC tool to repair the corrupted system files in the system.
To run the System File Checker, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Hold the Windows and X keys together. From the list of the options choose the ”Command Prompt( Admon) option next.
- Now, in the Command Prompt window, write “sfc/scannow”. Hit the ”Enter” button next to run the Command.
The System File Checker tool will now start to search for the corrupted system files that are in the device. It will automatically repair the corrupted files with a fresh copy.
Now, after repairing the system files, you will be able to eliminate the activation error code 0xc004f074 from Windows OS.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Fix the n0xc004f074 error?
By just running the Update and Activation troubleshooter, you will be able to fix the error. But for that, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps :
- Go to the “Settings” first. Now, tap on the “Update & Security” option.
- Move to the “Activation” button. Tap on it and then click on the “Activation” option.
And after that, you will be able to activate the Windows system.
How to fix the error code: 0xc004f074 using Command Prompt?
To fix this error using the Command Prompt, you need to open the Command Prompt window by going to the Start button. Now, you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- Right-click on the Command Prompt tab and choose the “Run as Administrator” option from the drop-down menu.
- A message will pop up on the screen. Tap on the “Yes” button to confirm the action.
- In the Command Prompt window, write “slmgr.vbs-ipk x-x-x-x”
Note: In the place of the “X”s, you have to write the codes of the product key number. The product key consists of 25 numbers.
Hit the “Enter” button next to run the command. Now, write “slmgr.vbs-to”. Hit the Enter button again. Now, restart the device and you will be able to eliminate the error from Windows OS.