- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 8, 2019
When you are accessing a MacBook Pro, then you might often get stuck with different types of technical flaws. Moreover, your MacDevice starts to malfunction after a certain period of time. Without a reinstallation or update process, you can’t use it further.
Even the Mac device stays responsive even after a few attempts or restart.
However, we are talking about those effective methods on how to factory reset MacBook Pro in this article. For quick assistance, you might connect with professionals and get a reliable help ahead.
How to Reset MacBook Pro to Factory Settings?
There are certain steps to reset the MacBook Pro factory settings successfully. Therefore here we are going to explain those methods to complete the process with ease. So, you might try out the steps below and finish the task manually.
Method 1: Backup all the Data
Before going to the Mac device reset process, you might restore the data from your device. To perform it, you can follow the steps given below.
- Open the Time Machine on your Macbook Pro and then connect an external drive to that system.
- After setting up the Time Machine, it is essential to enable the automatic backups by tapping on the Backup Now from the Time Machine menu.
- After getting confirmation from the user, it will start to back up and it will take a few minutes to complete.
- Disconnect the external drive when the backup process is finished completely.
- Make sure that the Apple account is Logged out from all the devices and start the rest of the steps to complete the Macbook Pro reset process successfully.
Method 2: Deauthorize the iTunes
After taking the data backup, the next step is to remove the iTunes account or remove the device authorization from Mac.
Hence, do the following:
- Turn on the Mac device and tap on the iTunes icon from the Mac display.
- Now, click on the Account and then go to Authorizations under it.
- After that, choose Deauthorize This Computer from the resultant window.
- Next, Enter the Apple ID and passcode to log into the account and then hit the De-authorize button.
- Finally, confirm the process by tapping the YES button and after getting approval, the device will start to remove the account.
Method 3: Disable the FileVault
FileVault mainly used to encrypt the data on your hard drive and then it is better to turn it off. To disable the FileVault, you can move one step further.
- Open the Mac device and click on the Preferences menu tab from the menu bar that appears on the display.
- Next, tap on the Security & Privacy option from the drop-down list.
- Then, hit the FileVault tab and check the status of it whether it is turned off for the main hard drive or not.
- However, you have to click on the padlock icon at the bottom left corner and then verify the Apple account.
- After that, press the Unlock button and click on the Turn off FileVault.
- At last, enter the account credentials again and wait for a while until the file description process is done.
Method 4: Delete the iCloud Account
If you have an iCloud account, then archive into the home folder. Therefore, you can follow the steps to disable the iCloud.
- Retrieve the data that are stored on the iCloud system and you can sync the data to make the process easy.
- Next, launch the System Preferences and then choose the iCloud option.
- After that, tap on the Sign Out option and remove the personal data by deselecting the boxes entitled “iCloud Drive, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders”.
- Now, hit the Continue button and you get an alert by showing the message “Update the iCloud software before Signing Out”.
- Next, confirm the payment details for your Macbook Pro and confirm the process by verifying the Apple account details.
- Wait until the iCloud data vanishes and the account is removed permanently.
Method 5: Remove the Mac Drive
To erase the Mac drive, you can free up the memory spaces. Therefore, it will be easier to reset the Mac device without any hassle.
- Click on the Options menu tab from the Mac menu bar and then choose Disk Utility under it.
- Then, tap on the Continue button and click on the main hard drive in the left sidebar.
- After that, hit the Erase button and click the Erase after choosing the hard drive.
- After getting approval to delete the data, the Mac device starts to remove the data. To erase the entire data from the disk drive, it will take several minutes to complete.
- Next, go to the menu again and exit the program once it is finished successfully.
- Now, click on the Disk Utility from the top section and select Quit Disk Utility from the drop-down menu.
Method 6: Re-install the MacOS
After removing all the plugins, the final task is to re-install the Mac OS with the latest version. Do the following steps and resolve the problem effectively.
- First, click on the Option from the Menu bar and then, choose Reinstall macOS.
- Confirm it by tapping the Continue button and then you can see a screen that indicates that the process will start after getting approval. Click Continue to proceed with the next step.
- Next, you might agree with the terms and conditions before installing new software. Then, tap on the Agree to accept it.
- You can see a list of software that you want to install and choose the Macintosh HD from that queue. Then, hit the Install button to continue with the process.
- Now, the Mac device will start to download and install a fresh copy of macOS and wait until the process is completed.
- After a successful installation, the Mac will restart itself and then you are asked for Apple ID and passcode.
- Finally, verify the account by login information and complete the step easily. Now, install the app in recovery mode and use the Mac device without any flaws.
The macOS reset steps are given in this article with effective methods. Moreover, the entire process will take a long time but without following the above steps sequentially, you can’t install the new macOS.
However, if you have no technical knowledge of this process, then it is required to hire professionals to mitigate the problem easily.