- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 18, 2019
Dell laptop screen won’t turn on issue mainly occurs due to many software faults or misconfiguration of settings knowingly or unknowingly. When Dell laptop is not getting enough amount of power, then it might not turn on.
Take a look at different forms in which “Dell laptop screen won’t turn on” issue might appear.
- Dell laptop stuck while installing updates
- Dell laptop stuck on the loading screen of Windows
- Laptop stucks at blinking cursor or boot screen
- The power light just flashes but laptop won’t turn on
- The laptop is not turning on but beeping
- Dell laptop is neither charging nor turning on
So, if your Dell laptop screen is not working and you are looking for some proper solutions to fix this issue, then here it is.
Probable Methods to Fix Dell Laptop Screen Won’t Turn On Issue:
Here we are sharing all the relevant solutions to overcome Dell laptop won’t turn on the black screen issue. You can proceed with any of the solutions until the issue gets eliminated permanently.
Method 1: Boot the Dell Laptop in Safe Mode
If you are seeing that your laptop is not turning on, then there might be some issues with the Boot properties. In that case, you need to Boot the device in a safe mode.
Here are some steps to do so.
- Press the Power button to turn the laptop on and when the logo appears, press the F8 key immediately.
- Now, when the Advanced Boot Options screen appears, tap the Enter key to enter the screen.
- After that, select the Last Known Proper Configuration option from the boot screen and click on the Yes to finish.
Now, restart the laptop and see if the laptop is turning on this time normally. If the method fails and still the Dell laptop screen not turning on, try out the next solution discussed below.
Method 2: Recover the BIOS Settings
BIOS plays an important role in order to run the computer in a normal way. If there is something wrong with it, then this might be due to the wrong BIOS settings.
Given below are the steps to recover the BIOS settings manually.
- Make sure that the laptop is completely turned off and then plug in the power cord and connect it to the wall socket.
- Press the power button and then press the Ctrl+Esc key continuously until the BIOS page opens.
- When the BIOS page opens on the next screen, locate the Advanced tab from the upper side of the taskbar.
- Click the option and select the Reset NVRAM option from the list on the left side.
- After that, press the Enter key and click the Recover BIOS option from the bottom of the list.
- Click the Enter button again to start the process and wait for a few minutes to complete the process.
Now, tap the Finish button when the task is successful and then exit from all the screens normally. Restart your Dell laptop now to check and if still, the Dell laptop screen won’t come on, then you can try one more solution.
Method 3: Rollback or Reinstall the Display Driver
Sometimes the outdated display driver or the corrupted driver can also help this issue to occur. In that case, reinstalling the outdated or corrupted driver is the only solution to get rid of this issue.
Have a look at the steps discussed below to accomplish the task.
- At first, turn on the laptop in safe mode and press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type Device Manager into the Search panel and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- After that, when the Device Manager opens, locate the Display Driver from the driver list.
- Right-click the name and select the Update Device Driver option from the sub-menu.
- Select Automatically Search for the Driver and this will automatically redirect you to the manufacturer’s website.
- Select the Download Now button from the bottom of the screen and wait for the download to complete.
- After that, when the download is successful, click the Install Now button again from the bottom.
- Select the Run option from the pop-up menu and click the Next button to continue.
- Now, accept all the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
After the installation process is successful, restart the computer and see if the Windows is starting normally.
Method 4: Run the Windows Startup Repair on your Windows
If none of the methods work, then by running the Windows Startup Repairing tool, you can surely overcome this issue.
The following are the steps to proceed for the task.
- At first, insert the Windows Disc into the DVD-Drive on your Dell laptop.
- After that, press any key on your keyboard to get into the boot screen and then select the keyboard layout.
- Now, click the Repair your Computer option from the list on the Install Now screen.
- Click the Troubleshoot option from the bottom and locate the Advanced option from the top of the Taskbar.
- After that, click the option and select the Startup Settings option to continue.
- Follow all the screen instructions and wait for the repairing process to complete.
- When the task is successful, click Finish button below and select the Restart option to complete the task.
Now, restart the computer manually and hopefully, the above issue is resolved.
Hopefully, one of these methods can help you to fix Dell laptop won’t turn on the black screen issue. If you have proceeded with all the methods and the steps accurately, you can surely get your laptop screen turn on as earlier.