- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 8, 2019
Though Mac is one of the finest brands when it comes to laptops, yet unlike other electronic gadgets, these devices are also error-free. Sometimes there might be an issue like MacBook Pro black screen that many users are encountering nowadays.
This issue mainly occurs if there is anything wrong with the SMC or the NVRAM. At times, due to the outdated macOS or the corrupted macOS, this screen issue occurs and it becomes unresponsive.
But, there are several aspects we have come with to fix this issue. So, if your Mac’s screen isn’t working and continuously going unresponsive, then this article will undoubtedly assist you in every possible way.
This article has covered all the aspects to overcome the black screen issue at the earliest.
Probable Methods to Fix MacBook Pro Back Screen Issue:
These are the most effective solutions to fix the MacBook Pro screen goes black and unresponsive issues in minutes. We recommend you to try all the steps to check which one helps you to get rid of this problem.
Method 1: Reset the SMC and NVRAM
If you are encountering a situation where your Mac device is continuously going black screen and unresponsive, then it might be due to the SMC and NVRAM.
In that situation, you need to reset the SMC and NVRAM in order to fix the screen issue. Here are the steps we have discussed below to accomplish the task.
- At first, if the MacBook is turned on, simply turn off the computer and disconnect all the power cables from the back of the device.
- Now, long-press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the same time on your keyboard and hold it for a few seconds.
- Reconnect all the power cables and press the power key to turn on the device back again.
- After that, long-press the Command+Option+P+R keys on your keyboard to complete the NVRAM reset process.
Now, check if the method helps to fix the black screen error on your MacBook. If the issue remains or the above method fails, you can try the next solution we have discussed below.
Method 2: Reinstall the macOS
Sometimes, the OS goes corrupted or the internal files get missing. Due to this outdated OS or corrupted OS, you might come across this MacBook Pro screen black issue.
In that case, you need to reinstall the macOS as new to get the screen working as earlier. Cited below are some of the steps to reinstall the macOS.
- At first, make sure the MacBook is connected to a proper WiFi connection or the Ethernet.
- Locate the Apple icon from the top-left corner of the screen and click the logo.
- Select the Restart option from the very bottom of the list and hold down the Command+R key.
- Now, when you hear the Startup sound, keep holding those keys together until the computer reboots normally.
- Click on Reinstall a new copy of the macOS option from the drop-down menu and click the Continue button below.
- After that, click the Continue Again option from the pop-up menu of the installer window.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and follow the on-screen instructions to continue with this method.
Now, select the Hard Drive or the location and click the Install button to start the installation process. Finally, wait until the installation is successful and close all the tabs normally when the task is successful.
Now, restart the computer and see if the black screen issue is now fixed and the computer is working normally.
Here we have discussed all the methods to overcome the MacBook Pro screen goes black and unresponsive issue. Hopefully, the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on how to fix MacBook Pro black screen issue at the earliest.
In case, the above method fails or the screen is still not fixed yet, then there might be some other hardware faults or internal issues. Thus, feel free to take advice from an expert to fix this MacBook issue.