- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On June 27, 2018
Computer restore into factory settings will make your computer look like it was while you first purchased it. The task will remove all your downloaded files and applications from your system. Before we give you the answer of How to Resolve Toshiba command prompt, there is a few information that you should know.
What Happens after you restore into factory settings?
Once you restore your Toshiba laptop into factory settings, all your personal settings, customizations, downloaded files, and applications will be lost, and all the default settings will be activated. This process also restores all the applications originally installed by Windows.
Follow these steps to perform a factory restore with command prompt:
- Restart your computer and while the black BIOS screen appears, press F8 key multiple times. Another page with “ advanced boot options” will appear, where you have to choose “Safe mode with command prompt”
- After you are lead to the command prompt page, type “cd restore” and press Enter.
Then in the same way type “rstrui.exe” and Enter
- A new window will be opened where you have to proceed with “Next”.
- In the warning window “Once started, a system cannot be interrupted”, click Yes.
Looking for our helpline number?Dial +1-855-969-3589 Toshiba Helpline for Instant Support:
If you have been facing any error during the system restore function, or you have any confusion about any step, feel free to ask our experts. They are very helpful and will give you complete guidance about the complex process. You can reach us at our toll-free Toshiba Customer Support Number.