- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 8, 2019
When you try to install a new app, then you might often encounter update error and as a result, the system starts to freeze on a frequent basis. Moreover, you can also get stuck with an unexpected error when you run an application program and the device shows, “Certificate error”.
To update the Mac os with the device compatible version you can easily run any new services. Therefore, you get enough space to download more applications from a trusted website.
To get a brief idea on how to update Mac, refer to this article to know the most effective steps.
How to Update Mac OS? 5 Simple Ways to Perform
To upgrade the Mac OS with the latest version, there are lots of ways that are present. But, you need to choose the most convenient one according to the system configuration.
Update the Latest macOS
By using the following steps, you can easily upgrade the MacOS with the latest operating system. Moreover, you can enhance the performance of the Mac by applying these simple instructions that are stated below.
- Turn on the Mac device and then, click on the Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Now, click on the Software Update to check for updates and then you can see a list of available updates.
- After that, click on the Update Now button to install them and you can easily choose the individual to perform a specific update by clicking on the More info option.
- The entire process will take a few minutes to complete and after successful completion, the Software update says that the Mac is up to date.
- Once done, restart the Mac device and check whether you can access all the files on Mac OS or not.
Upgrade the Apps Individually
Many times, the overall update process skips the steps to install individual apps. Therefore, you can try out the steps below and perform an auto-update.
- Open the App Store on the Mac device and then click on the Updates tab from the new window.
- Now, choose the option that states, “Automatically keep my Mac up to date” and confirm the step.
- When updates will start, you will get a notification and then choose the items which you want to update along with the list of application software.
Upgrade the Earlier Version of macOS
If you are using the old models of the Mac device, then it will be a very helpful method for you. To perform it, you might follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the App Store on your Mac device and then click on the Updates in the All Store toolbar.
- Now, hit the Updates button to start the download as well as install any updates.
- When the app shows no more update is there, then verify the entire device whether the drivers are installed correctly or not.
Perform a Manual Update
You can easily update the macOS by using the manual process and then, you can use the steps given below.
- First, switch on the Mac device and then click on the Apple menu.
- Then, tap on About this Mac option and after that, click on the Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and update the Macintosh with the latest version.
- However, wait until the entire process is done and once done, the system will take a restart by itself.
- Now, run the app and check whether the manual update is processed or not.
Update the macOS Sierra
This is the way to update the macOS with the latest version. Even, you get the opportunity to avail all the facilities of the new version.
- Click on the App Store and launch it. Then, click on the Updates tab from the top section of the menu.
- Now, you can see the Software Update (if available any) and hit the Update tab.
- Wait until the MacOS download and installation is completed.
- Next, restart the Mac device when you get a successful message, “The device is updated”.
- Finally, run the app and check whether it is functioning or not.
In this article, we have defined effective ways to update the Mac with the latest version. Moreover, we have recommended different methods to install the OS for various types of Mac devices.
Hopefully, you can update the Mac if you go through this content carefully. However, you can also consult an experienced team if you have any doubts about how to update Mac.