- Posted by Faith Armstrong
- On November 29, 2019
If you turned on your Acer desktop and a “No Signal” message has appeared on your screen then don’t panic. You are not the only one who has confronted this message on your Acer monitor.
The message signifies that the monitor is not connected to your desktop correctly and the video signal is not adequate for your monitor as well.
Here we are going to discuss various techniques by which you should be able to troubleshoot this “No Signal” error message on your Acer laptop easily.
Top 7 Solutions to Get Rid of “No Signal” Message on your Acer Monitor
Before moving to other solutions, we would recommend you to check if the cable connected to the monitor is correct or not. If the HDMI cable is connected correctly, then you will not get any No signal HDMI issue on your Acer monitor.
Also, check if the power is turned on or not. After that, go through the easy solutions to get rid of this issue without any difficulty.
Solution 1: Check if the Graphic Card is Inserted Correctly
There are chances of facing this message if the Graphics card is not inserted within the slot correctly. Here are the steps by which you should be able to check that.
- Turn off your system and disconnect all the external devices from it. Now, open the case of your system to attain the graphics card. Remove it from the motherboard and then insert it again.
- Plugin the monitor power cable and then reconnect it to your system.
- Press the power button for about 30 seconds and connect it to the power source. Turn it on again.
Solution 2: Choose the Correct Input Source
An incorrect selection of the input source for your monitor can cause issues within its signal as well. Thus we recommend you to check if the input source is correct or not.
To know how to check, follow the steps given below.
- Firstly turn on your PC as well as monitor and then press the Menu button. You will find it on the monitor edge.
- Go to Input source and then choose the correct input source.
- Check whether the issue gets resolved for you or not. However, if the problem still persists, make sure to follow the solution mentioned after this.
Solution 3: Perform a Manual Update of Graphics Driver
An improper graphics driver might be another reason why you are suffering from this issue on your desktop screen. Thus, it is better to manually update the graphics driver. Here is how you can do it.
- You can either go to the website of the manufacturer and then search for the compatible graphics driver.
- If you want to update your graphics driver through Device Manager, follow the steps exactly as listed below.
Go to Start and search for device manager within the search bar. Double click on the graphics card category.
Right-click on the device and then click on Update Driver. Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option. This will help you to update the graphics driver to the newer version.
Solution 4: Check the Video Cable
A damaged video cable may also result in this message on your screen. However, we recommend you to check your monitor by connecting it with some other video cable.
If the problem persists, then the problem is not related to the video cable most probably.
Solution 5: Perform a Reset on Your Monitor
If the problem still persists, reset the monitor to its default configuration and check whether it has resolved the problem for you or not. Here is how you can do so easily.
- Click on the Menu option that is present at the bottom of the Acer monitor and then press the right arrow to highlight the Reset feature.
- Now press the menu button twice to launch the Reset process for your Acer laptop.
Resetting the monitor has resolved acer monitor no signal issue for many users. Hopefully, it will resolve the same for you. Follow the next solution if it did not work for you.
Solution 6: Replace Your Monitor
If none of the solutions above works for you then we advise you to replace your desktop monitor with another monitor and check whether the problem still continues.
If it does, then it is important for you to check your entire desktop and not just Monitors or video cables. This is because many times the problem is correlated with some other devices connected to your Acer desktop
Solution 7: Remove Any Unnecessary External Devices
If any unnecessary external devices are connected with your Acer desktop, then it is recommended to remove it. These devices mainly involve external drives, memory cards, printer, scanner, USB drives, etc. Other than that, a keyboard, mouse, and the monitor can also be connected to your Acer desktop.
Disconnect all of them and see if the problem resolves for you.
So these were some of the easy techniques by which you should be able to resolve the “No Signal” error message on your Acer laptop easily. We hope we were able to provide you enough solutions for this problem.